Taita Hills Game Sanctuary borders Tsavo West National Park and gives shelter to many animals because there is plenty of water. Large herds of elephants and other plains game migrate to the sanctuary from Tsavo each year.
Day 1: Mombasa – Taita Hills Game Sanctuary/Salt Lick
In the morning you will be picked from your Beach Hotel and depart by road to Taita Hills Game Sanctuary then check-in to Taita Hills Lodge fore lunch. After lunch transfer to the Salt Lick Lodge for a short rest. Afternoon game drive, chances are good to see lions, elephant, buffalo, antelope and a variety of birds as well. Dinner and overnight at Salt Lick Lodge.
Salt Lick Lodge is a complex of roundavels sitting on stilts over a series of water holes which attract a huge number of animals. The two-storey towers are topped by thatch roofs and connected by open-air-bridges, creating an African fantasy of a medieval fortress. The lodge has been built with game viewing in mind - you can see animals in all directions because it offers spectacular open views.
Day 2: Taita Hills Salt Lick - Mombasa
Have an early morning game drive returning to the lodge for breakfast. After breakfast, continue with the mid-morning game drive in the sanctuary with lunch at Taita Hills lodge. After lunch depart back to Mombasa arriving in the early evening. Transfer and drop off at your Beach Hotel.
Price will be provided on Request
The Price includes
- Full board accommodation in all safari lodges or camps,- breakfast lunch and dinner.
- Park entrance fees.
- Safari Transport and game drives in a safari minibus fitted with a pop-up roof for game viewing and photography All safari Minibus carries safari accessories such as wildlife books, cooler box, binoculars, a first aid kit, fire extinguisher and it has a guaranteed window seats
- Mineral water on game drives All government taxes and levy
- All pickups from your hotel and back after safari
Price does Not include
- Drinks, tips and all kind personal of use
- Tips and other gratuities